Poisoning of your canine friend by chocolate isn't as untypical as you can think. Chocolate includes theobromine. An organically occurring stimulant present in the cocoa bean, theobromine increases urination and determines the nervous system in addition to heart muscle. While amounts vary by kinds of chocolate, this is the theobromine that is lethal to dogs.
Warning signs of Chocolate Dog Ingestion and Poisoning:
You can know your puppy has taken a deadly concentration of chocolate from the symptoms. Within the first few hours, the evidence includes vomiting, diarrhea or hyperactivity. As time passes and there's increased assimilation of the toxic substance, you will see an increase in the pet's pulse rate, that may induce arrhythmia, restlessness, hyperactivity, muscle twitching, increased urination or extreme panting. This can result in hyperthermia, muscular tremors, seizures, coma and also decease.
Quantity has a rapport with the weight of your pet. Small dogs might be poisoned, it is easy to understand, from smaller amounts of theobromine compared to large dogs.